Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My First Final Exam (in 23 years)

I was really nervous to take this test, finals are a big deal. I did really well on my mid term but I was still pretty nervous, finals are usually harder and it was over more units. I have to get pretty great grades to get into and stay in this program, they want well qualified teachers. I get that, I wouldn't want a teacher who got D's in her education classes teaching my kid. Well I GOT A 100!!!!! That’s 100%, all points possible, I couldn't’t believe it! After I took the test I felt pretty good, I was nervous but I figured I knew it pretty well and I probably didn’t totally bomb it. But the test was all essays so it makes it really hard to know how you did. Did I cover everything? Did I use all the right terms? Spell them right!!? So add that to the fact I haven’t taken a real college Final Exam in like 23 years I was pretty freaked. It took my teacher 4 days to score the mid term which at the time felt like an eternity so I was expecting about that for the final but she was way faster this time. After the mid term I was checking my score on line every couple hours. Sunday morning (the day after the final) I checked, I didn't really think there was any chance it was scored, but it popped up and it said 100!! I squealed, (honest not scream just squealed, I’m not proud of it just giving you the facts) I couldn't’t believe it was a 100! I was so excited!! I was actually bouncy! I bounced into my room and told Robert who was in the shower, he looked over the shower door and said “good job” nice but not nearly enough. I understand excited is not one of Roberts regular verbs but I needed a little more enthusiasm. Hey this is a big deal to me, so I called Jessica and she was suitably impressed she has been pretty excited about this college thing since I started. But then I called my mom, now if there is one thing a girl, even a girl my age can count on it’s that her mom will celebrate with her in her good news, (I think its in the mom manual) anyway she was great she squealed and clapped her hands and made all manner of excited noises and of course said she knew I would do great cause again, that’s what moms say, but even though you know its coming from your mom who is only completely biased, it still makes you feel good. This is the first time ever I have gotten a perfect score in a class. I got all points possible on the midterm, all points possible on the homework and then all points possible on the final. Woo Hoo!! As you can imagine I am super jazzed about this development. Back in college (the first time) I was a solid B student, sometimes I squeaked in an A and sometimes I slipped and got a C. But even when I got A's they were like 93% A's never 100% A's!! I am so happy about the results and most importantly I have a lot more confidence now that I can do this crazy thing I have taken on. I may actually become a teacher.

No comments: