Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jessica Got Married!!

Jessica and Steve
February 7, 2009
I can't believe Jessica is married!!
So here's the story Jessica and Steve got engaged right near Christmas. The plan was they were going to get married at the end of May or first of June because Steve has an internship with the Clinton foundation in Boston till the end of May and Jessica was going to be doing her student teaching in Arizona till the end of May. But unfortunately ASU messed up and Jessica wasn't allowed to do her student teaching this semester so she decided she wanted to go to Boston with Steve. That required moving up the wedding date.....a lot! Instead of 5 months to plan we had 3 weeks. We got to work and were able to pull it off, it helped that Jessica fell in love with the second dress she tried on (I think we set a record of quickest bride at Davids bridal...ever) and she was amazingly easy to please and decidedly not bridezillaish. I tried out my floral arranging skills and did all the flowers for the wedding, I think I found a new talent, they all turned out really good. (Am I allowed to say that?) We had the wedding and luncheon at a restaurant in Tempe and it was really pretty. The wedding was really, really small, basically just our immediately family, Steve's parents, my mom and a couple of Jessica's girl friends. She and Steve plan to have a reception in June after Steve's internship is over so hopefully we will be able to share that with a lot more family and friends.
I really can't believe she is married!!! I am sure all mothers feel this way and I am not alone, but I still can't believe my little girl is married, that she is old enough, grown up enough, to be married. I know, I know she is 23! But this girl has always been such an independent person, since she left me without even looking back on her first day of nursery to her and her best friend making plans to move out and get an apartment after HS graduation (they were making these plans when they were 16!) she has always been ahead of me. I have always been trailing behind saying "Are you sure you are ready?" "Do you really think you can do this" and she has always been saying "no problem Mom, relax!" So once again she is ready before I am, but as always I will give her a hug, smile, hold my breath, say a prayer and reluctantly let go, wishing her everything wonderful in her life, and wondering where all the years went.
All the Bradfields

Erin - the beautiful maid of honor


Three generations
Mom, Jessica, and Grandma Weingard
Miss Emily
the cutest Jr. Bridesmaid around

Jessica and Erin
Sisters and best friends


Jason and Kelsey

No comments: