Tuesday, September 16, 2008
My Gift of Perspective
I have been wallowing a bit lately its not pretty and definitely not something I am proud of but still true. Our ward just got moved to another stake which in and of itself is a good thing. All my girls in YW are now in the stake that most of the kids they go to school with are in. They will be with their seminary friends etc. for stake events. But as I began to hear murmurings and they are just that, murmurings it looks like there is a good chance the ward boundaries in the stake will be changed. We live in a tiny little jut of our ward, right on the border which would easily be split off and put into another ward. If this happens I of course will be released and I will be in a different ward than 90% of the people I have grown to love and be friends with in our ward. I have built my life around the Young Women, and my work there, maybe too much but still true nevertheless. Thinking of my life without my girls AND my friends in Elliot ward was bleak. So I wallow. As I was wallowing I was doing some blog stalking, checking out the blogs of friends of friends etc. I happened onto a Blog by Bethany's brother, Trey and his wife. (Bethany is one of Jessica's really good friends.) As I read I began to cry and then before long I knew I was done wallowing. I had been given the gift of perspective. Sometimes we can get so focused on tiny little things that the big picture becomes unclear. On this blog I read about how Treys wife Amber lost her baby sister, her mom delivered early and the baby was just not strong enough to survive, she lived a very short time and passed away. This baby was only 2 weeks earlier than Emily was and as I read I could see myself in Amber's mothers place and I felt so grateful for our Emily and all she has brought to our lives and so grateful she has been so healthy considering she was more than 9 weeks early and so ashamed I forgot all I have and all the Lord has done for me. If the ward splits it does, I know the Lord will look after me and make it OK or make me strong enough to find a new way. He always does I don't know why I can't hold on to that. I hate how easy it is to forget the big picture and I am grateful for this blogging medium so I could read baby Jades story and be reminded of how much the Lord loves all of us. Reading Amber's testimony through this, the hard questions and the loving acceptance of Gods will. It is amazing and testimony building. I felt the spirit so strongly in her words. There is so much of true importance in this life and it is so easy to get caught up in the unimportant, I am grateful for the Lord and his way and for my gift of perspective.
4 comments:
Isn't Amber's testimony awesome? It makes my troubles look like nothing when I see what her family has gone through. This is all after Amber lost her older brother not even 2 years ago. I am so grateful for our eternal families!
Let's try again... I'm loving the discovery of all my favorite peoples' blogs! Thanks for your support...I am so excited for my mission. I turn my papers in the end of November and am just soaking up the amazing learning experience BYU offers. I have found myself asking that same question about holding on to the fact that the Lord just watches out for us. I KNOW He takes care of things yet I lose that perspective so often. THank goodness he is so patient and gives us this life to figure these beautful truths out. I'd be pretty downtrodden if I were taken out of Elliot ward too, but you should know all you have put into YW won't ever just be gone because of moving away. It's in you now and you're in us :)
Thank you for your words. This experience with my sister really has helped me gain a stronger eternal perspective too. I am truly grasping the understanding that this life is just a small part of a bigger more glorious story. In our trials we turn to God and he gives us strength, knowledge and experience. Thank you for caring. I know everything will work out somehow, it always does.
Post a Comment